Thursday 13 October 2011

the big 3-O...MG!

I love birthdays, especially my own! Never in a million years did i think we would be celebrating my 30th birthday pregnant (sober) and in London- but we did and it was amazing and a tad overwhelming! The birthday surprises kicked off at exactly midnight with Tom bringing out a cheesecake (my ultimate craving- P.S. my birthday was a diabetic free day) with a 3 and a 0 candle lit on top as my in-laws, on one computer, and one of my bestest friends on the other, sang happy birthday to me via skype! 

As I was eating my cake surrounded by my 3 favorite men,  Tom handed me two cards - one from him and one "someone asked him to pick up".

this is the most perfect card b/c when your 9 months preggo, you can't do much more than sit on the couch! 


First order of business on the big birthday was to go for our last ultrasound. I planned this appointment purposely as a little gift to myself... i mean who wouldn't want to see their baby on their birthday. Well, not only did we get to see Jackson, but we were also told that he will be arriving a little sooner than expected, and by sooner i mean he is days away from arriving!!!!!!!!!! Excited, Nervous, Happy, Scared, Surprised, Overwhelmed... is it even possible to feel all this at one time?

Well after that emotional roller coaster, a birthday nap was a must!
And now for the main event...  As it was Tom had taken the day off work to spend it with me, surprised me with song and cake,  was cool, calm, and collected at the drs office (at least one of us pretended to be),  cooked  up some pancakes for lunch, and made sure Elvis arrived here safe and sound- what more could a girl want. Afternoon tea at The Ritz perhaps?! YES PLEASE!




 English afternoon tea is a serious tradition here in England and the best, most luxurious place to tea... none other than the legendary Ritz hotel. Once you arrive, it is completely understandable why there is a 12 week booking wait to have tea here. You feel like you have entered a movie and are about to sit for tea with the Queen. Little finger sandwiches with the crusts cut off, mini pastries and scones, cakes, jams, and of course all the tea you could ever imagine. It was a real life tea party complete with silver tea pots, elegant china, a pianist, and waiters dressed in suits with gold buttons, tails, and white gloves. It was AMAZING!

30th birthday, 36 weeks preggo


so proper






Even though it was tough not being surrounded by my friends and family- my 30th birthday was definitely the best birthday ever because I was able to share it with the three most important men in my life.



1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog on a little blog hop - hi! You look glowing! But I'm totally with you on the whole not thinking you would be sober and pregnant on your 30th. I had a one year old at that point, so my 30th was pretty much sober too! Good luck for the new arrival. x

    ReplyDelete