Monday 8 August 2011

made it without a scratch...almost

Well week one of London living has concluded and we made it unharmed...kinda. Friday was gonna be my first day of venturing out on my own. I was finally feeling revived from last weeks shenanigans,  I woke up at a "somewhat decent" time, got dressed and put my face on. I was going to meet Tom  at work, grab some lunch and get our mobiles until... BAM! this giant, heavy radiator cover falls down on my Achilles. OK, seriously, we all know i love to exaggerate but no joke- it looked like a murder scene in here. I probably should have gotten some stitches, but being the stubborn person I am, I didn't want to call an ambulance (I couldn't walk) so, i just sat inside waiting for Tom to get home from work. A very exciting day indeed.
Saturday, we once again tried to get our mobiles. I cannot understand why it is impossible to just walk into the store pick out the phone/plan and walk out. Apparently, that is close to impossible here- Tom has gone to the store 4 times to get the damn phones, and nothing. Well guess what- after being there for about 1 1/2 hours on Saturday  we still came home empty handed.
Sunday Funday it was. We went to St. Paul's Cathedral, the Unilever House, walked across Blackfrairs Bridge, and hung out along the Thames. Along the river they had a free little Bulmers drinking area with a band so we stopped and hung out in there for a bit- Tom discovered his new favorite drink- Bulmers (haha he hated it!) Afterwards we walked some more (I hobbled)  and really just tried to get a feel for the small area we were around. It was a nice, relaxing afternoon exploring our new home.

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog & WOW! You 2 are brave! Best wishes & can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete