Tuesday 25 February 2014

Surviving hell week, or has it just begun?

Tom had to go to the states for 8 days this past week. We have known about this since September and I was lucky he was able to switch his trip- it was originally planned for late March. Well I knew it would be hard being heavily preggo with Jax solo 24/7, but then this weak pelvis thing happened and really made a hard week even harder, but WE DID IT! I must say- my family and I are so lucky to have such amazing caring friends here in London. Jax and I were very well looked after by homecooked dinners, playdates, check in phone calls and texts, and even the borrowing of my friend's au pair for when the pain was too bad to run after Jax. I walk away from this past week and besides for feeling beyond exhausted I am so lucky.
Lucky for the fact that my son is the sweetest and most caring boy in the world.
Lucky for the fact that even though this pregnancy hasn't been the easiest- it definitely hasn't been the worst.
Lucky that my husband works and studies as hard as he does so I can stay home and raise my boys.
Lucky that we made this crazy move to London 2 1/2 years ago- because we are very lucky to call the friends we made here FAMILY.

On another note- my hormones are OOC (out of control). I cannot talk to Tom without either crying or giving him an attitude about anything and everything. I am in full blown nesting mode but I am incapable of actually cleaning anything- which is literally making me crazy. Hopefully, I can sort out a cleaner to start this week and make this place shine like the top of the Chrysler building- anything less will just not be acceptable. And the lack of sleep is really starting to take its toll. Since September I wake for at least an hour between 3:30 and 4 and starting the past 3 nights I have had the lovely pregnancy joys of heartburn. Stealing 2-4 hours of sleep from a pregnant lady 6 weeks before her newborn arrives and takes away all of it does not help me keep my hormonal, irrational, thoughts and outbursts in check- nor does it make my husband happy.

Ultrasound tomorrow! Hopefully BK is still average size and not getting too big :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment